Site Safety Rules and Safe Working Zones
With respect to the current government guidelines / social distancing policy and the guidelines from the Fork Lift Truck Association we are proactively trying to:
- Follow the social distancing guidelines set out by the Government where practically possible.
- Protect the health and wellbeing of both your staff and our engineers.
- Minimise unnecessary contact with any third parties.
- Minimise our movement around your site.
With respect to the above, we will require a ‘designated workspace area’ (DWA) on site to carry out essential safety repairs, Thorough Examinations (LOLER / PUWER) and scheduled maintenance:
Please can you follow the below procedure:
- Notify Barek that your forklift truck requires attention via telephone – 01482 218151 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before we arrive, position the faulty forklift into your DWA.
- Our engineer will arrive on site but will not sign in (unless you have a method of entering and leaving your site which complies with social distancing and which minimises the risk of contamination through shared contact surfaces).
- Our engineer will set up a safe cordon around the forklift in the DWA as pictured.
- Our engineer will carry out his duties wearing the required PPE and in accordance with our new health and safety procedures and risk assessments.
- Our engineer will clean down the forklift after completion of his work.
- We will inform Senior staff remotely that the work has been completed and that your operators can now collect the truck from the DWA.
** Obviously in the cases where trucks are inoperative we will still ensure that we isolate ourselves and create our own cordoned off work area.
I am sure that by following a common sense approach, respecting the guidance of the government and FLTA industry bodies we can work together to maintain a safe system for everybody involved.